Support Our Mission with eGiving & other Options
Colesville United Methodist Church offers a number of giving options, including eGiving tools for use by its Members and Visitors, as well as the traditional method of sending checks by mail. In addition, Colesville United Methodist Church is registered as a charity on AmazonSmile.
Consider Giving Online
We offer online giving by debit or credit card or via direct debit from your checking or savings account (ACH). This allows you to make a one-time contribution or to setup for recurring giving at periodic intervals.
The process is simple: Donate by following the instructions under the heading “Online Donation.”
Giving with a Mobile APP
Use your mobile phone to support our church mission in just 3 steps:
1. Download the free GivePlus Mobile App by VANCO (from the Google or Apple App store)
2. Find our church’s Zip Code 
3. Make a one-time or recurring donation using your debit/credit card or your checking/savings account.
4. Option to consider: Pay the 2.84% processing fee by clicking the “Optional” check box, immediately below the debit/credit card information.
Find out from your Bank if it offers the “BillPay” option. If so, the Bank can set up a system to make a payment to the church, based on your request. An electronic check is usually generated by the Bank and sent to the church via USPS. Many banks offer this as a nominal fee or free service.
Send your Check by Mail
You can mail a check directly to CUMC. Checks should be made payable to Colesville United Methodist Church and addressed to: Colesville United Methodist Church 52 Randolph Road Silver Spring, MD 20904 The mail will be picked up daily.
Additional tips to consider:
You can help CUMC save on Bank charges by doing the following, as applicable:
- Consider paying the 2.84% processing fee by clicking the “Optional” check box, immediately below the debit/credit card information (For already established recurring payments, it would be necessary to cancel the previous arrangement and sign-up afresh on VANCO).
- Where possible or convenient, reduce the number or frequency of donations by consolidating payments, e.g. twice monthly instead of four times per month. Or once per month instead of twice per month.